What information do I collect?
I collect information from you when you register on my site, as you will be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit areas of the site without registering. Subscription clients will be given a password to access restricted areas of the site and their e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, I know they control the e-mail address. I also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
What do I use your information for?
Any of the information I collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To personalize your experience — your information helps me to better respond to your individual needs.
• To improve my site — I continually strive to improve my site offering based on the information and feedback I receive from you.
• To improve customer service — your information helps me to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
• To send periodic emails — the email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do I protect your information and password?
I implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. For example, this website has a True BusinessID Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate issued by GeoTrust. All data passed between your browser and my server remains private and integral. In addition, client's passwords will be encrypted in the form of secure hashes. For this reason, once a client has signed up, I cannot see their password or send it to them as plain text. If you forget your password and use the forgotten password option on Login, you will receive an email with a new random password which will be activated by clicking a link.
What is my data retention policy?
We will make a good faith effort to:
• Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
• Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and if you have a registered account, associate it with your account.
Do I disclose any information to outside parties?
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist me in operating this site, conducting my business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Third party links
Occasionally, at my discretion, I may include or offer third party products or services on my site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback about these sites (if used).
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
My site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.