What information do we collect?
There are three levels of access on this site:
What do we use your information for?
- PUBLIC: This allows you to visit the Public Area of the site without registering. We may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
- MEMBER: Registration allows access to the Members Area of the site free of charge. We collect information when you register, as you will be asked to enter your Name, Email and a Password. Your email address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know you control the email address. When Members access the site, we retain a log of the time, date, type of activity and IP address for every visit. You can Unsubscribe from notification emails on your Profile Page (click on your name in the Menu Bar to access your Profile Page). You can also delete your account and its associated log.
- CLIENT: Payment of a subscription is required to access the Clients Area of the site which contains Training Material, Market Updates and Stock Reviews. We collect information when you register, as you will be asked to enter your Name, Email and a Password. Your email address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know you control the email address. When Clients access the site, we retain a log of the time, date, type of activity and IP address for every visit. You can Unsubscribe from notification emails on your Profile Page (click on your name in the Menu Bar to access your Profile Page). You can also delete your account and its associated log.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
How do we protect your information?
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our site offering based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — the email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. For example, this website has a True BusinessID Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate issued by GeoTrust. All data passed between your browser and our server remains private and integral. Passwords
We mask all passwords through a process called 'hashing' which uses a function in PHP 5.6 known as 'bcrypt'. Bcrypt is an adaptive hash function based on the Blowfish symmetric block cipher cryptographic algorithm. This replaces the actual password entered with a random set of numbers and letters that are stored on our server. This allows our systems to validate your account credentials without revealing your password. This is a recognized industry security standard.
For this reason, we cannot see your password or send it to you as plain text. If you forget your password and use the 'Forgotten' option on the Login Form, you will receive an email with a new randomly generated password which must be activated by clicking a link. You can change this password (and other information) by visiting your Profile Page.What is our data retention policy?
We will make a good faith effort to:
• Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and if you have a registered account, associate it with your account.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating this site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites (if used).Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance